Enrollment begins Nov. 1, 2019.
Coverage starts Jan. 1, 2020.
In November 2018, voters passed a proposition to expand Medicaid in Idaho. The goal of Medicaid expansion is to provide Medicaid coverage to individuals with incomes up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level.
The Department of Health and Welfare will build the communication, training, processes, and automation to support open enrollment.
Who is eligible?
To qualify for expanded Medicaid, all of the following must be true. You must:
- Be a citizen or legal resident.Be a resident of the State of Idaho.
- Be between 0 and 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. See household income limits.
- Be between the ages of 19 and 64 years old.
- Not be receiving Medicare.(If you don't qualify for expanded Medicaid, you may still qualify for pre-expanded Medicaid or government tax credits.
- See household income limits for the Children's Health Insurance Program, and Medicaid for the Aged, Blind, or Disabled.)
Medicaid expansion timeline
View a text alternative to the following timeline graphic.